Planning to stay in Vietnam for more than two weeks? Don't forget to apply for a Vietnam e-visa before your trip
If you plan a trip to Vietnam to see Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Halong Bay and realize you will be staying longer than the Filipinos' 14-day visa exemption period, do not panic. Keep reading to learn more about the travel documents you'll need for your trip.
As of March 15, 2022, Vietnam's immigration department reinstated the online application for a Vietnam visa for the Philippines. Here is everything you need to know about the Vietnam tourist visa, from the application process to costs and COVID-19 regulations, to be aware of before your trip.
You can also use our visa checker tool to verify which visa you qualify for and if you require any other documents.
Do Filipino passport holders need visas to enter Vietnam?
Philippines passport holders do not require an entry visa for Vietnam IF their stay is a maximum of 14 days. However, Filipino nationals must apply for a visa if they plan to stay longer than 14 days in Vietnam.
This includes minors aged 14 and under. If they are included on their parent's passport, they must be listed in their parent's application for a single-entry visa to visit Vietnam. Visas are required for all other travelers, regardless of their age.
Vietnam visa for Philippines options
There are two options available to a Philippines passport holder who require a Vietnam tourist visa or business visa for their stay in Vietnam:
- 1. Apply for a Vietnam visa online. This is also known as the Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA), as you obtain an approval letter to pick up the visa at any airport in Vietnam.
- 2. Get a tourist visa stamped into your passport by your local Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
The application process can be tedious and time-consuming. However, iVisa has streamlined the online application.
What is a Vietnam eVisa?
Before learning how to apply, let's clarify what the Vietnam e-visa is. The Vietnam visa on arrival or e-visa system is an electronic visa system that enables travelers to apply for their Vietnamese visas online.
This helps people of over 80 nationalities, including Filipino nationals, to avoid long queues at the Vietnam embassy or consulate.
Benefits of Vietnam Visa on arrival
Some benefits of opting for the Visa on Arrival or e-visa over a stamped tourist visa include:
- It is quicker and easier to apply for as the entire process is online.
- Safer as you do not need to submit your passport or passport photos before you travel.
- More efficient and less likely to encounter delays.
- Costs less than applying in person via the embassy.
Applying for the Vietnam visa on arrival
When applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival online, we recommend applying at least a few weeks before you plan to travel to the country. However, if you're in a rush, do not fear; we can help.
Please note when you apply for an e-visa, you do not receive a visa. Instead, you obtain a visa approval letter, which validates receiving an official visa stamp in your passport when you arrive at any Vietnam International Airport. Also, please note that the Vietnam visa on arrival may NOT be used to enter Vietnam by sea and land borders.
Application process for a Vietnam e-visa
We know how daunting and tiresome applications can be. Our iVisa experts have managed to simplify the process to save you time. As a result, iVisa's application process has only 3 steps:
- 1. Fill out the application and verify your details are all correct.
- 2. Choose the processing time and pay the iVisa processing fee (see below for the breakdown of the visa fees).
- 3. Upload any supporting documents and submit your application.
Once you have successfully submitted your application, our team will take it from there. We will email you a receipt and your visa approval letter when it is complete. Finally, please keep a copy of both on your phone and print out the Vietnam e-visa confirmation letter to present it when you land in Vietnam when requested by the Vietnam immigration department.
Pricing & processing times for the Vietnam visa
If you apply with iVisa, the cost will depend on how fast you want your visa to be processed. Therefore, the cost varies depending on the processing times.
Your options are:
- Standard processing takes 16 days and costs USD $118.99.
- Rush processing takes 14 days and costs USD $197.99.
- Super Rush processing takes 12 days and costs USD $293.99.
The above prices include the USD $25.00 government fee for visa applications and the iVisa processing fee.
Vietnam visa requirements
To complete your application, you will need to include:
- A scan of your passport. It must be valid for at least 6 months from your arrival in Vietnam and have 2 blank pages minimum.
- Recent passport photo, which you can get using the iVisa passport photo service.
- Evidence of health or travel insurance with COVID-19 cover for treatments in Vietnam. It should have a minimum cover threshold of USD 10,000.
- Proof of vaccination for routine vaccines like hepatitis, yellow fever, malaria, etc.
- Credit or debit card to pay the application fee.
- Valid email address to receive your e-visa receipt and confirmation.
COVID-19 regulations for tourists to Vietnam
Once you have your Vietnam visa, remember to check the COVID-19 regulations for Vietnam. Currently, Vietnam is completely reopened for international tourism, and all COVID-19 restrictions have been relaxed. However, this can change without notice, and you should keep these critical points in mind:
Screening centers and health hotlines
Although PCR and rapid tests on arrival in Vietnam are no longer required, if you start showing COVID-19 symptoms or suspect you were exposed, it is recommended by local health authorities that you immediately call Vietnam's health hotline on 1900 3228.
All incoming travelers should self-monitor for their first 10 days in Vietnam. If you get symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical attention immediately.
Convinced to embark on an extended Vietnam adventure? Then, apply for your e-visa with us and use the extra time to perfect your itinerary.
Where can I contact you if I need more info?
You can also read this Vietnam e-visa guide for further information. Additionally, you can reach out to our 24-hour customer service team or write to us at [email protected] if you still have questions or need assistance with the process.