en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
5 min read
Updated on May 14, 2024

As a Japanese citizen, when you travel to Canada for a short stay, you are exempt from getting a Canada Visa. However, if you plan to go there by air, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA before you leave. The electronic authorization can be purchased online, and with iVisa, it can be yours in just 24 hours.

Read the rest of this post below.

Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs

If I'm from Japan, do I have to get a visa if I want to visit Canada?

You don't have to apply for a visa if you want to visit Canada for a short amount of time. Nevertheless, you still need a document to enter the country, and that's the Canadian ETA. This authorization doesn't work the same as a visa since it's much easier to get it.

What is an ETA for Japanese Citizens?

This ETA is an authorization that allows you to enter Canada. The countries that can apply for it must be visa-exempt. Luckily, Japan is within the visa-exempt county list.

How Long Can Japanese visitors Stay in Canada?

If you get your Canadian ETA, you can be in the nation of Canada 180 days Per Entry.

What are the requirements for this eVisa?

As you can guess, before you start the online application process, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. Fortunately, there is nothing on that list that would be challenging to acquire. Here is what you will need:

  • Passport – don't apply for a Canada ETA if you check that your passport doesn't maintain a validation for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.

  • E-mail address – you have to insert a valid email to receive the ETA. Take into consideration that once you have your ETA in your email, print it out.

  • Payment options – since the application is made entirely online, then the payment must be online as well. So, use your credit/debit card or a PayPal account.


Your ETA finishes 5 years after issued or until passport expires.

What are the processing times and fees?

Depending on the processing time you select, you will know the amount you must pay to get your ETA. Here are the best alternatives for you:

  • Standard processing – this kind of process is inexpensive but it takes 4 days to obtain your ETA and the amount that you need to pay is USD $58.49.

  • Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster alternative, then you should pick this one. Your Canada ETA is ready in 2 days and the cost of it is USD $102.49.

  • Super Rush processing – you will pay the amount of USD $153.49 and your ETA will be done in 24 hours.

How much time do I need to apply?

All you need is 20 minutes of your valuable time.

How can I make my application for a Canada ETA?

After you gather all the important documents, you can start the application process. You are required to complete an application form, something that should take about 20 minutes of your time. However, if you are experiencing difficulties, do not hesitate to contact our super agents. The service can be reached 24/7 and is free of charge.

The form you have to fill in consists of three steps:

  1. The first one asks for your personal information, some details regarding your trip, and the passport info. You are also required to select a delivery time for your ETA, a factor that establishes the timeframe in which your Canada ETA is ready.

  2. Once you are finished with step one, you can move on to the second step. At this point, you are expected to make the payment and go through your form searching for possible mistakes. If you find any, correct them and then check again. It is crucial that the information you offer is 100% accurate.

  3. The third step asks you to deliver your application’s supporting documents. You have to upload them. When you complete this, submit your request, and iVisa will take care of the rest.

How many entries do I have to with my Canada ETA?

You'll have Multiple Entry while your ETA is valid.

If I wish to travel to my children do I need an ETA for them?

If your children are less than 18, they need to apply for an ETA. Contact us and ask all the questions that you want about it.

Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter this nation?

We strongly remark that if you obtain a Canadian ETA, it doesn't mean that you will enter Canada. Everything will depend on the Immigration checkpoint decision.

Upon arrival, you will be inspected by an Immigration officer who will determine that you are admissible to Canada.

How does the ETA look like?

Fill me in


Click here to apply for this ETA using our service. But in case you have doubts or concerns while filling in the application, chat with one of our operators. See more info about this eVisa on this page.

Don't lose the chance to know Canada! This big country is waiting for you!

Fill me in
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.

  • iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat