Egypt - open for tourism, here's what you'll need open for tourism
Learn More: eVisa
Content updated, November 2022
Get your Egypt Visa in the comfort of your home! Apply with iVisa
If you are planning a trip to mesmerizing and ancient Egypt, your first task will be assured you have the right travel documents and tourist visas to enter this amazing country.
You will find everything you need to know about the Egypt eVisa and entering Egypt for tourism purposes below.
Keep reading to find out how to apply for your Egypt eVisa online using a quick, hassle-free, and completely digital application form.
What is the Egypt Visa?
It’s an official electronic visa that allows ordinary passport holders entry to Egypt for tourism or business purposes. iVisa offers you a multiple-entry Egypt eVisa and a single-entry Egypt eVisa.
The Egyptian visa is valid for 90 days after issued and it allows travelers to spend up to 30 days in Total in the country.
It can be used for tourism purposes like exploring the country's fascinating sites or business activities like attending business meetings/events.
However, visitors are not allowed to engage in any form of work activity with this visa. Doing so, without the proper authorization, might result in fines, deportation, or a future banning from Egypt.
The Visa to Egypt is issued for Single Entry or Multiple Entry, and you can choose one or the other depending on your travel plans.
Egypt Visa - All You Need to Know
Who can apply for the Egyptian Visa?
The following countries are allowed to enter Egypt with this electronic visa:
- Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea (South), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Kosovo, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales), United States of America, Uruguay, Vatican City, and Venezuela.
Which countries don’t need an eVisa to visit Egypt?
The Egypt online visa is not required for visitors from the US, the EU, or the UK who are traveling to (and remaining in) Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba, or Taba. This condition only applies if the visit is no longer than 15 days.
Israel is also a visa-exempt country. Its citizens can enter visa-free via Taba if their visit doesn't exceed 15 days.
What are the Egypt Visa online requirements and policy?
The main requirement for getting an Egypt online visa is having a valid passport. This means that it cannot be about to expire. The passport needs to remain valid for 6 months from the date the traveler arrives in Egypt. Additionally, it needs to have at least one blank page for the entry and exit stamps.
When you fill out the application form for your Egypt visa online, you will be asked to upload a clear scan of your passport's information page. This is done to verify your personal details.
If you carry a diplomatic or official passport, you will need to apply for a different visa. We recommend contacting the Egyptian embassy nearest to you.
Upon arrival, Egyptian government officials will ask for the following documents. Be sure to have them handy:
- A passport, valid for at least six months after the arrival date.
- A hard copy of your e-Visa.
- Travel itinerary.
- A supporting letter, e.g. letter from the company if it's a business visit or an invitation letter from a family member for family visits.
- Hotel bookings/details about places you plan to visit if you’re going as a tourist.
Be mindful that carrying a visa does not grant you automatic entry to the country. You will need to provide a reason for your trip upon arrival. Without it, Egyptian government officials have the right to deny entry to the country.
How can I apply for an Egypt visa online?
You can complete your application process by filling out the visa application form on our website. You won’t need to visit an Egyptian embassy to get your visa, because once it is approved, we will send it to you via email.
With iVisa you can apply from the comfort of your home in less than 10 minutes!
Forget about filling out long and complicated forms or visiting the embassy. iVisa offers you simplified application forms that are 50% shorter than the average government ones. You can complete them at your peace and if you haven’t finished, you can save them for later!
To apply with us is easy, you’ll just need to complete these steps:
- Step one: Complete the visa application form using your personal details and select the processing time that suits you best.
- Step two: Before proceeding to the payment, we will ask you to double-check that your form is error-free. This is done to avoid potential setbacks. After that, you can proceed to pay the fee. We accept any credit or debit card.
- Step three: Upload the necessary documents and pay the visa fee.
Just sit back and relax while we prepare your document, you’ll receive your Egyptian visa as a PDF document via email. You will need to print it and carry a hard copy to present it at the border.
What are the costs and processing times of the Visa Egypt?
They will vary depending on the type of visa you choose and how fast you want to receive it.
For a single-entry visa:
- Standard Processing - USD $86.99 for 6 Business Days.
- Rush Processing - USD $138.99 for 4 Business Days.
- Super Rush Processing - USD $201.99 for 2 Business Days.
Our prices include the government visa fee of USD $25.00
For a multiple-entry visa:
- Standard Processing - USD $78.99 for 6 Business Days.
- Rush Processing - USD $93.99 for 4 Business Days.
- Super Rush Processing - USD $110.99 for 2 Business Days.
Our prices include the government visa fee of USD $60.00
Remember that paying for iVisa services means forgetting about time-consuming and stressful visa applications. We are here to make all the hard work for you!
We don’t only process your visa fast and easily, but also make sure your application process is 100% safe.
We have a solid secure system to protect your personal information. We recommend you go over to our reviews section and read what our past customers have said about our services. We’re sure you’ll find them to your liking.
Do I need an Egypt e Visa if I’m transiting through Egypt?
You will not need one if your transit time/layover is less than 48 hours (you must show your onward flight ticket).
We recommend that you check with your airline for available tours during your layover. Many of them offer short-duration tours to their passengers with transit times/layovers between 6 and 48 hours.
If your transit time is less than 6 hours, you may leave the transit area, but not the airport.
Note: The above does not apply to nationals of Iran, who always require a transit visa. Citizens of Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine, and the Philippines must remain in the transit area at all times.
Traveling with minors
If you’re traveling with minors, you can include them in your visa application form. You do not need to get an additional Egypt tourist visa for them.
Which are the visa-exempt countries?
- These are the nine countries that enjoy visa-free entry arrangements for their citizens: Bahrain, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macao, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Malaysia.
There are also countries whose citizens may enjoy a free entry permission stamp depending on their age bracket, gender, place of residence, intended destination, or certain passport conditions in the case of Jordanian citizens.
- Those countries are: Afghanistan, Algeria, Libya, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, and Yemen.
COVID-19 Requirements for entry
Presenting COVID-19 vaccination passports or certificates is not mandatory to enter Egypt.
Egypt has lifted all the testing requirements for travelers.
There are no quarantine requirements in Egypt.
Applying with iVisa
We have been helping travelers get their online visas successfully for years. We have state-of-the-art data centers that fully protect your personal information. Additionally, our team of experts is always ready to help you.
We want you to have the best experience when planning your trip. If you need confirmation, head over to our review section and let our past users tell you about our services.
Where can I find further information about the Egypt Visa?
Reach out to our excellent customer support team. They are travel experts who are always available to answer your questions. Wake up in the middle of the night with an urgent question about your e Visa Egypt. Chat with them through our website! They are available 24/7 to ease all your worries about how to apply for an Egypt Visa. When it comes to planning the perfect trip abroad, your peace of mind is our main concern.
Required Documents to Apply
Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
The Egypt eVisa is an electronic travel document to enter Egypt for tourism or business purposes.
Egypt e-Visas are issued for a Single Entry or Multiple Entry to people whose nationalities require visas to enter the country. iVisa offers both of them.
Your Egypt e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued. The maximum stay in Egypt is 30 days in Total.
If you exceed the duration stay on the e-Visa without holding a residency permit, you may be required to pay fines, be deported, or otherwise be forbidden from future travel to Egypt.
The Egypt e-Visa is not required for visitors from the US, the EU, or the UK who are traveling to (and remaining in) Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba, and Taba. So long as their trip stays under 15 days they can travel visa-free.
Applicants must hold an ordinary passport valid for at least six months beyond their date of arrival in Egypt.
It is recommended that you have at least one blank page in your passport for an entry/exit stamp.
After the application has been submitted and approved, the traveler needs to print and carry at least one copy of the visa.
If you’re traveling with children, you can include them in your visa application form. You do not need to get an additional Egypt tourist visa for them.
You will need to present your printed e-Visa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
iVisa is a legitimate company and is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information see the FAQs below.
Was this page helpful?
Related ArticlesRead more
Egypt Visa on arrival vs. e-Visa
Before traveling to Egypt, you should first check and see whether you are eligible for a visa on arrival from Egypt or for an Egypt eVisa. Even though...Nov 2, 2018
How can citizens of the United States enter Egypt during coronavirus?
As of July 2020, the Egyptian government has opened the borders for tourism for all travelers worldwide. However, you need to apply for the Egypt e-Vi...Feb 23, 2022
Egypt Visa Documents
Egypt is a marvelous country with a rich culture and history. Traveling there is always an adventure. As long as you know which are the necessary Egyp...Apr 29, 2022
Egypt Visa Type
Organizing a trip can get overwhelming very quickly. But once you learn which Egypt visa types are available, your trip to Egypt will run smoothly. iV...Apr 29, 2022
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my Egypt eVisa application has been canceled or rejected?
What should I do if I have made a mistake in my online Egypt eVisa application?
After application, am I guaranteed admission to Egypt?
Where can I read more?
- Egypt Visa For Chinese Citizens
- Ways of Getting an Egypt Visa Extension for Travelers
- Egypt Visa on arrival vs. e-Visa
- Egypt Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Egypt?
- How can citizens of Switzerland enter Egypt during coronavirus?
- Is Egypt Visa-Free?
- Egypt eVisa for Citizens of India: application process and requirements to get the visa
- Egypt entry requirements covid 19
- How Citizens of Russia Can Travel to Egypt During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of France Can Travel to Egypt During Coronavirus
- See All