If you are seeking medical attention in a hospital from India, you should know that you no longer have to waste time at the Indian embassy in your country for a visa. You can apply for a medical e-visa using an online service. It is simple, cheap, and you do not even have to get out of the house. All you need is an internet connection and the required documents. If you want to learn more about the process, keep reading.
What are the requirements?
You will not be asked anything out of the ordinary. All you need are a few documents that you must keep at hand. They are as follows:
• Passport – make sure that your current passport is valid, and if it is not, do not forget to renew it. If you do not have one at all, remedy the situation before applying for the medical visa.
• A scan of the information page of your passport – it will be necessary for the second stage of the application.
• A digital photo of yourself – if you have an older one, maybe you should have another one taken. Perhaps you have dyed your hair in the meantime or made other changes.
• A credit or debit card – if you have a Paypal account, you can use that as well. However, if you have a debit card or a Paypal account, make sure that you have sufficient funds.
• Medical letter – together with the documents mentioned above, you also need a medical letter from the hospital in India you are going to. It is easy to obtain. All you have to do is talk to a doctor there that knows your case.
India medical visa form
Once you put together all the required documents, you can move to filling in the form. There are two steps. The first one consists of writing in your basic information, and in the second step you must complete a personal questionnaire and upload the documents from above. The entire process should not take you more than 20 minutes, and if you need some help, iVisa has a 24/7 assistance service that is ready to help you every step of the way.
How much does it cost?
The answer to that question depends on what processing time you choose. You have three available processing times, and the faster you need the medical visa, the more it will cost you. It also matters what your nationality is. Some come with higher prices than others. Let’s say that you are a US citizen. The Standard processing will cost you 122$, and your visa will be yours in three business days. If you choose the Rush processing, you will pay an extra 30$ along with those 122$, but you will receive the medical visa in one business day. Lastly, the Super Rush processing is for emergencies, and you can have your visa in as little as 18 hours. However, the cost will be as high as 187$.
No matter what you must do, the online visa service is still better than going to the Indian embassy in your country. You have to admit that it cannot get any more convenient than that, and acquiring a India medical visa has never been that easy.
Apply for an Indian Visa
- India Comes Alive when Monsoon Season Arrives
- India Electronic Visa Changes
- India Visa for Australian Passport Holders
- India Visa for Canadian Passport Holders
- India Visa for Malaysians
- India Visa for U.S. Citizens (Americans)
- India Visa for UK Citizens
- India business visa checklist
- India business visa fees and costs
- India business visa for Australian citizens
- India business visa processing time and duration
- Indian Business Visa
- Indian business visa for Singapore citizens
- Indian business visa for UK citizens
- Indian business visas for US citizens
- Indian medical visa
- Lost OCI Card or Lost OCI Booklet?
- Save time when landing at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi
- Update on how to get your India visa online