Get your India Business e-Visa Online Now
Learn More: Business eVisa
Last update, September 2022
Travel to India with your Business eVisa!
India is a massive, multifaceted, and mesmerizing country. It has so much to offer its visitors, from luxurious resorts on the coastline to hidden temples in the mountains, and vibrant cities where you’ll find a bit of everything.
India is also one of the top growing economies worldwide and one of the favorite destinations for business people who are looking for plenty of opportunities for investment.
If you’re looking at India as your next business destination, then you'll need to apply for an India Business e-Visa online. In this article, you’ll find all the relevant information regarding this business visa and how to apply for it with iVisa.com. Keep reading to find out about the checklist of necessary requirements, details on the visa policy, and prices and processing times to obtain this e visa with us.
You'll also need a Self Declaration Form to enter India, you can purchase this form as an add-on when applying for your India Business eVisa.
What is the India Business e-Visa?
The India Business e-Visa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India for business purposes. Unlike a paper visa that is stamped in your passport, this document is instead electronically linked to it.
After completing their visa application, passport holders receive their e-visa via email. They’ll print it at home or the office and present it to the local authorities upon arrival in India.
Bear in mind, that the India Business Visa is not an employment visa and cannot be used to seek work or employment in the country. It allows its holder to participate in business activities while in the country.
If you require an employment visa, reach out to the nearest Indian consulate or embassy to process it.
Who can apply for the E-Business Visa?
Business travelers from more than 160 countries worldwide can apply for an India Business Visa, as long as they are:
- Attending business meetings and events.
- Meetings with (potential) suppliers, clients, and other business partners.
- Delivering, installing, or maintaining products.
- Giving advice, implementing, or delivering other business services.
- Recruiting personnel.
The Indian Business Visa is valid for entry through 29 designated Airports:
- Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Cochin, Goa, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Gaya, Jaipur, Lucknow, Trichy, Varanasi, Calicut, Mangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Bagdogra, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Bhubaneswar, Port Blair, and Kannur.
And, 5 designated seaports:
- Mumbai, Cochin, Mormugao, Chennai, New Mangalore.
However, travelers can exit through any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
How long is the India Business Visa valid for?
The Indian Business e-Visa is a Multiple Entry visa and is valid for o1 year after issued. You can use it to stay in India for a maximum of 180 days in Total. This can be in one long stay, two 90-day long trips or spread across an unlimited number of shorter trips depending on the visa you get.
You should carry a hard copy of the E-Business Visa along with you at the time of travel.
This Indian business visa is non-extendable. If you wish to extend your stay in the country, you will need to contact the local immigration authorities to process the right documents to be able to remain in the country. Bear in mind that they will require reasons for your stay and financial proof that you can afford an extended stay in India.
What documents do I need to apply for the India Business Visa?
To apply for an Indian Business Visa, you will need the following documents and information:
A colored passport-size photo - If you don't have a recent one, you can use our passport photo service and get one in no time.
A valid passport that does not expire for at least 6 months after your planned arrival date in India. The passport should have at least 2 blank pages for stamping.
A copy of your business card in PDF format. It must include your company's information, especially the corporate phone number as you will be contacted through it by the embassy.
A detailed invitation letter from the host company/firm established in India or from India, stating the purpose of the travel. The letter must include their contact information and their logo.
You will also need to provide a frequently used email address, where we will send you updates regarding your travel document and your e-business visa once it is ready.
Upon arrival, an Indian government official might ask you to present a certificate of good health and proof of sufficient financial means to sustain your stay in India.
How do I apply for the India Business Visa online?
To obtain the India Business Visa, you will need to fill out a visa application form in which you’ll enter information about your job, employer and reason for your trip. We will ask you to double-check that all the information entered is correct before you can pay the visa fee. Then you’ll need to upload all your supporting documents. Make sure they’re legible. Blurred or smudged scans are among the most common reasons for visa denial.
Once we receive your application, one of our agents will carefully check it, along with your supporting documents, and make sure there are no inconsistencies. In case there’s any problem, we will reach out to you via email before processing your request.
When your business visa is approved, you will receive it via email. The business visa is electronically linked to your passport and it will show up in the system once you arrive in India. However, we always recommend printing it before your trip and carrying a hard copy with you at all times during your stay.
What are the costs and processing time of the India Business Visa?
The price of your business visa will depend on how fast you want to receive it.
- Standard Processing - You’ll receive your business visa in 5 days and it costs USD 152.49
- Rush Processing - This option is a bit faster. You’ll get your business visa in 3 days for USD 189.49
- Super Rush Processing - This is our fastest option. You’ll receive your business visa in 2 days for USD 229.49
The Government fee for the Business Visa is USD 102.50 and all our prices include the Indian government visa fees.
Traveling with minors
If you’re visiting India with minors, you will need to get a proper valid visa for them. We recommend using our visa checker tool at the top of this page to see which is the right Indian visa for them depending on their nationality. In most cases, they’ll be eligible to get a Tourist e-Visa and you can get it for them on our site as well.
You will need to fill out an application form on their behalf and you will receive their visa for India via email once it’s approved.
Do I need an India Business Visa if I’m transiting through India?
In most cases, you won’t need an Indian e-Visa if you’re only transiting through the country. But we still recommend that you confirm your visa requirements with our visa checker tool.
A sample of what the e-Business Visa will look like:
All incoming travelers will need to get a mandatory PCR Test within 72 hours before their trip. 2% of arrivals will be randomly tested at the airport. It’s also mandatory that all travelers get health insurance before their trip. Children under 5 and travelers with recognized proof of vaccination are exempted.
Vaccination certificates are not mandatory but recommended, as they will help you skip the PCR requirement. Check our FAQs below to see a list of the recognized proof of vaccination in India and for the most up-to-date information on COVID restrictions.
Travelers will be considered fully vaccinated if 15 days have passed since the completion of a COVID-19 vaccination schedule.
There are no quarantine requirements in India.
Health Declaration Form
All incoming travelers need to fill out the India Self Declaration form, a screening travel document implemented by the Indian government to mitigate the coronavirus impact. This document does not replace a visa or any other travel authorization.
You can add the Self Declaration to your e-business visa application. To apply you’ll need a scan of your valid passport and a negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result or medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Benefits of applying with iVisa
We know that filling out a visa application form can be cumbersome and frustrating. We want to save you all that trouble and make your visa application process as smooth as possible, and 100% government-compliant.
We have a team of travel experts ready to help you with any questions you might have about your Indian e-Visa and state-of-the-art data centers to keep your information safe at all times.
Where can I learn more?
If you have more questions about the e business visa, you can use the chat bubble on our website to reach out to our excellent customer support team. They are available 24/7 to answer your questions about the business visa. You can even reach out to them for immediate assistance while you fill out your visa application form.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan
Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
The Indian Business e-Visa allows you to enter the country multiple times. (Multiple Entry visa).
The Indian Business e-Visa is valid for 1 year after issued. You can enter India on any date you want within this period.
To apply for the Indian Business eVisa your passport should have at least six months of validity from the date of arrival in India, and two blank pages.
As a Visa holder you can stay in the country for no more than 180 days in Total.
If you are only going to make a stopover at one of the airports in India, you don't need this visa.
You should always carry a copy of the Indian visa along with you during the trip.
The Indian Business e-Visa is valid for entry through 29 designated Airports (i.e. Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Cochin, Goa, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Gaya, Jaipur, Lucknow, Trichy, Varanasi, Calicut, Mangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Bagdogra, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Bhubaneswar, Port Blair, and Kannur) and 5 designated seaports (i.e. Mumbai, Cochin, Mormugao, Chennai, New Mangalore). However, travelers can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
The Indian e-Visa is non-extendable.
Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon the arrival. See Yellow Fever countries here
Applicants must arrive using the same passport that they used when applying for the Business e-Visa.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
iVisa's accreditations and recognitions
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
What do I need to apply for an India Business e-Visa?
We require the following to submit your application:
Applicant Photo Passport Personal Details Scan Last Page of Passport (if applicable) Invitation Letter Business License
Passport Personal Details Scan
Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
I was issued with a 5-year visa in 2021 or before, it is still valid?
Do I need to enter India on the exact date specified in my Business e-Visa application?
The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your approved Business e-Visa document.
You can enter India on any date within this validity period.
Do I need to take a COVID-19 PCR test before traveling to India?
- COVID-19 test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID-19 test on arrival: 2% of arrivals will be tested on arrival at the airport.
- COVID-19 test exemptions: Children under 5 and travelers with recognized proof of vaccination are exempted.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to enter India?
- It is not mandatory to be fully vaccinated to travel to India, but it is highly recommended for international travel.
If you have a recognized vaccination certificate, you are exempted from testing requirements.
Vaccine certificates from Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Botswana, Bulgaria, Canada, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Dominica, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Eswatini, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Paraguay, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Philippines, Qatar, Fiji, Republic of Korea, Romania, Rwanda, St. Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, The United Kingdom, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turks & Caicos Islands, UAE, Uganda, Ukraine, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe are accepted.
Travelers will be considered fully vaccinated if 15 days have passed since the completion of a COVID-19 vaccination schedule.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest India travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
What should I do after I receive my Business e-Visa?
Once you have received the approved Business e-Visa, you must print at least one copy of the document and present it to the border authorities upon your arrival in India, along with the same passport that was used for the online application.
It is recommended to keep a copy of the e-Visa with you at all times throughout your stay.
Can I extend my stay beyond the 180-day limit?
What business activities are allowed under the Indian Business e-Visa?
- Setting up an industrial/business venture
- Attending technical/business meetings
- Recruiting manpower
- Participating in exhibitions, business/trade fairs
- Expert/specialist in connection with an ongoing project
- Conducting tours
When should I apply for an Indian Business e-Visa?
Do I require a yellow fever vaccination when traveling to India?
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
Learn more about India Tourism
Where can I read more?
- PCR Testing Mumbai, India: Learn More
- PCR Testing in Delhi, India
- How Citizens of Bangladesh Can Enter India During Coronavirus
- India COVID Travel Rules
- India Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to India?
- India Travel Advice: Paid quarantine exemption with COVID-19 or RTPCR test
- Self Declaration Form for Air India passengers
- How Can Citizens of France Enter India During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of the United States Enter India During Coronavirus?
- How can citizens of the United Kingdom enter India during coronavirus?
- Germany to India travel restrictions during coronavirus
- India COVID-19 Travel Rules - Requirements - Restrictions
- INDIA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- India visa from Germany: all requirements for German citizens
- What happens if you overstay your India visa: fines and penalties
- All you need to know about the emergency visa to India for Afghanistan nationals
- Indian visa for Canadian citizens: requirements for the Indian e-Visa
- India eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- India visa for New Zealander
- Business Visa India Quarantine
- Indian business visa for UK citizens - requirements and cost
- India Visa for Malaysians
- India visa for Sri Lankan citizens
- How to apply for your India visa as a UK citizen and travel through India
- How Afghan Citizens Can Enter India with the e-Emergency X-Misc Visa
- India Visa for Chinese citizens - Everything you need to know
- LOST OCI CARD OR LOST OCI BOOKLET?
- OCI Card Requirements
- OCI Card Documents For a Newborn in The USA
- How much does an India visa cost?
- India Visa for US Citizens
- Can an OCI cardholder be granted Indian Citizenship?
- Is the OCI card an Indian Visa?
- Is it safe for Americans to visit India nowadays?
- Can I Work With an OCI Card?
- Indian Business visa for US citizens
- OCI Card Benefits and Drawbacks
- India e-Emergency X-Misc Visa Duration
- How to apply for the Indian Medical Visa
- HOW CAN I ACQUIRE AN INDIA VISA EXTENSION?
- India Visa for the citizens of Kenya
- INDIA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF FRANCE
- India visa for Swiss nationals
- INDIA VISA FOR SOUTH AFRICAN PASSPORT HOLDERS
- India visa for Filipino
- Indian Business Visa
- INDIA ELECTRONIC VISA CHANGES
- India Visa for Australian Passport Holders
- All about the India visa for Indonesian nationals
- Which is better OCI or an Indian Visa?
- Can My Spouse and Children Also Get an OCI Card?
- Can I Process My OCI Card Overseas?
- Eligibility For an OCI Card
- OCI Card Application Process, Timeline
- OCI Card Checklist
- What Documents Must I Submit To Get an OCI Card?
- OCI Card Fees
- Can I get a refund if my OCI card application is denied?
- OCI Card New Passport
- OCI Card Processing Time: Getting Your Visa to India
- OCI Card Renewal
- OCI card Renewal Fees
- OCI card tracking, status
- OCI card validity
- OCI card validity for minors
- PIO to OCI card
- How many photos for the OCI card?
- OCI card photo requirements
- Photo for the OCI card
- E-Business Visa India Documents
- E-Business Visa India Multiple Entry
- E-Business Visa India Validity
- E-Business Visa and Indian Invitation Letter
- India Business Visa Questions
- How To Get the India Business Visa
- India Business Visa Types
- How is Diwali celebrated? Check all about it
- Documents For Medical Visa In India
- India Medical Visa for Germans
- India Tourist Visa for 180 Days
- India Tourist Visa 3 Months
- India Tourist Visa Guidelines
- How Much Is A Tourist Visa To India From the USA
- India Tourist Visa Price
- India Tourist Visa Duration
- India Tourist Visa Processing Time
- What Is Medical Visa In India
- India Tourist Visa Restrictions
- Medical Visa To India From the USA
- India Business eVisa error
- INDIA VISA FOR MEXICAN
- India business visa processing time and duration
- INDIA VISA FOR ITALIAN
- INDIA VISA FOR RUSSIANS
- India Visa Guide: All You Need To Know
- Can you renew your Indian visa?
- How long does it take to get an India visa?
- How does a visa on arrival differ from an eVisa?
- What countries are visa-free to India?
- How do you check your India visa status?
- How do you apply for an India visa?
- What are the different types of India visas?
- Indian Medical Visa for Citizens of Kenya: How to apply for it
- India Tourist eVisa error
- INDIA VISA FOR CAMBODIAN
- India business visa fees and costs
- India Embassy Registration
- Indian Medical Visa for Citizens of Canada: How can I apply for it?
- Indian medical visa invitation letter: What should I know about it?
- Indian Medical Visa for Citizens of Australia: See how to get it
- India Visa for the citizens of Iran
- India visa for Costa Ricans
- INDIA VISA FOR GUATEMALAN CITIZENS
- India visa for Japanese
- India visa for Cuban
- India visa for Cypriot
- India visa for Hungarian
- India visa for Palestinian
- India visa for Myanmar citizen
- India visa for Ghanaians
- India visa for Vietnamese
- India visa for Uzbekistan citizens
- India visa for Thai
- India visa for Omani
- India e-Emergency X-Misc Visa Processing Time
- India e-Emergency X-Misc Visa Cost
- India e-Emergency X-Misc Visa Requirements
- India business visa checklist
- Indian business visa for Singapore citizens
- INDIA VISA FOR IRISH
- India visa for Czechs
- Is India a Safe Country to travel for Spaniards?
- India Medical Visa Requirements
- Indian Medical Visa Processing Time
- Indian Medical Visa Price
- Indian Medical Visa Duration
- India visa for Jamaican
- India visa for Liberians
- India visa for Taiwanese
- INDIA VISA FOR AUSTRIAN CITIZENS
- INDIA VISA FOR MACEDONIAN
- India visa for Bulgarian
- India visa for Armenian
- India visa for Nicaraguans
- India visa for Bolivian
- India visa for Zimbabweans
- India visa for Saint Lucian
- India visa for Hongkongers
- India visa for Moldovan citizens
- INDIA VISA FOR NORWEGIAN
- INDIA VISA FOR HONDURAN
- India visa for Rwandan
- India visa for Colombian
- India visa for Palauan
- INDIA VISA FOR THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- INDIA VISA FOR PERUVIANS
- INDIA VISA FOR BELGIANS
- India visa for Salvadorans
- India visa for Malawian
- India visa for Bruneian
- India visa for Niuean
- INDIA VISA FOR TRINIDADIAN
- India visa for Paraguay
- India visa for Albanian
- India visa for Guyanese citizens
- India visa for Georgian citizens
- India visa for Chilean
- India visa for Ecuadorians
- India visa for Serbian citizens
- Is India a safe destination for British?
- How safe is India for Canadians?
- Is India a safe destination for Australians?
- INDIA VISA FOR HAITIAN CITIZEN
- INDIA VISA FOR CROATIAN
- INDIA VISA FOR ROMANIAN CITIZENS
- INDIA VISA FOR ISRAELI
- India Comes Alive when Monsoon Season Arrives
- INDIA VISA FOR SWEDISH CITIZEN
- India visa for Dutch nationals
- INDIA VISA FOR ARGENTINE
- INDIA VISA FOR GUINEA
- INDIA VISA FOR NAMIBIA
- INDIA VISA FOR JORDANIAN
- India visa for Latvians
- India visa for Lithuanians
- INDIA VISA FOR MALTESE
- INDIA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- INDIA VISA FOR AZERBAIJANI
- INDIA VISA FOR BRAZILIAN CITIZENS
- INDIA VISA FOR DANISH CITIZENS
- INDIA VISA FOR FIJI CITIZENS
- INDIA VISA FOR GREEK CITIZENS
- India Visa for the citizens of Qatar
- INDIA VISA FOR VENEZUELANS
- India visa for Ukrainian citizens
- India business visa for Australian citizens
- Save time when landing at Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi
- India Opens 8 New Biometric Facilities