Get Your Schengen Visa Application for Lithuania Online Now!
Last updated: July 2022
The Republic of Lithuania is one of the best-kept secrets when it comes to tourist destinations in the EU. This country has some of the most stunning landscapes and is rich in history, architecture, and art. However, you’ll need a visa if you want to get a first-hand look at what everyone is talking about.
Lithuania is part of the EU Schengen visa system. The country uses the standardized Schengen visa, along with 26 other EU and Schengen nations. Once the visa becomes available online, you can count on a quick and stress-free visa application process with iVisa.com. Let’s take a closer look at the Lithuanian Schengen visa and what you can expect.
What is the Lithuanian Schengen visa?
Your trip to Lithuania starts with getting the right visa for your needs. The Lithuanian Schengen visa is a travel document that offers easy and quick travel throughout the 26 member countries on the Schengen area.
Lithuania is part of the Schengen agreement. This means that you can visit Lithuania as well as the Schengen area using your Lithuanian Schengen visa. There are three types of Schengen visas that you should know about. They are different versions of this type of Lithuanian visa, depending on your travel needs:
- Type A (Airport Transit Visa): This visa type does not apply to most travelers, but may be issued to citizens of a select number of countries. This allows them to transit through a Lithuanian airport.
- Type C: The C type visa has three categories, single entry, double entry, or multiple entry. Each of these visa types allows for various number of entries into the Schengen area, each visit with a max. length of 90 days within a 180-day period.
- Type D: A Type D Schengen visa is a less common visa and acts as a temporary residence permit. It is issued to travelers who want to stay in a Schengen state for longer periods for a single purpose, such as temporary work or study. Longer programs may require a Lithuanian study visa or work permits. This temporary residence permit may be valid for up to 12 months.
Who is eligible to apply for this type of Lithuanian visa?
Lithuania’s tourist visa requirements match those of many European countries, but are not entirely the same. Some nations enjoy visa-free travel to the Schengen area, such as the United States and Australia.
Find out if your nationality needs a visa or is visa-exempt to visit Lithuania with the iVisa.com Visa Checker widget. Individuals from the following list of countries will need to apply for a Schengen visa before visiting Lithuania:
|Cambodia||Cameroon||Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||Djibouti||Dominican Republic||Ecuador||Egypt|
|Nigeria||North Korea||Northern Marianas||Oman||Pakistan|
|Papua New Guinea||Palestinian Authority||Philippines||Qatar||Russia|
|Rwanda||São Tomé and Príncipe||Saudi Arabia||Senegal||Sierra Leone|
|Somalia||South Africa||South Sudan||Sri Lanka||Sudan|
How long is the Lithuania Visa valid for?
Your Schengen is valid for a stay up to 90 days in the Schengen zone within a 180-day period. This validity period is based on the type of Schengen visa you get. Multi-entry visas enable you to come back to the Schengen zone or Lithuania multiple times for 90 days per stay.
Your Lithuania visa will be valid for a period of 90 days after you first enter the country. Keep in mind that this validity period covers all Schengen countries, not just Lithuania.
Here’s an example of how it works. Let’s say you visit Lithuania for 30 days, then go on to visit France for another 30 days. You will now have used 60 of your total 90 days, even though they were in different countries. Any time in a Schengen country counts toward your total 90 days.
If you want to stay longer than 90 days, you should consider the Type D National Visa for your trip.
Lithuania Schengen Visa requirements
During the Lithuania visa application process, you need to submit various information and travel documents, such as:
- Scan of your valid passport. Must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of arrival in Lithuania.
- Two passport-sized photos. If you don’t have one, use the convenient iVisa.com photo service.
- A completed Lithuanian Schengen visa application form.
- Biometric data.
- Proof of travel insurance.
- Proof of funds to cover your stay in Lithuania.
- Proof of a return flight.
- Proof that you have paid the Schengen visa application fee.
- Proof of accommodations like an invitation letter from a family member or hotel reservation.
Do I need a Lithuania Visa when transiting through the country?
You only need a Type A Schengen visa when transiting through Lithuania if you will leave the airport to, for example, change transport modes (such as changing from a plane to a train) and if applicable to your nationality. Most visitors do not need a transit visa to stay in the transit area of the airport, but some do. You can not leave the airport on a transit visa.
Find out from your nearest embassy, consulate office, or visa application center if you need a transit visa for Lithuania or the Schengen area.
How to apply for a Lithuania Schengen Visa online
When this visa becomes available online, the easiest way to apply for a Lithuania Schengen visa online is to visit iVisa.com and use the convenient visa services to get your documents in and your application processed quickly and easily.
These are the steps for the online visa application form:
- First, read all the information and fill out your details in the visa application form. Then, choose the preferred processing time.
- Second, double-check and verify your information on the visa application and pay the iVisa.com processing fee (see below for more information on service fees).
- Third, attach any documents required and click on the submit button to apply for your Schengen tourist visa.
Please read all the info carefully and double-check the spelling. If you make a mistake and have already submitted the online form, it may be difficult for us to change this.
Once the online application is submitted and approved, a confirmation of your valid visa will be sent per email. You need to show proof of your visa status to border police when arriving in Lithuania.
Lithuania Schengen Visa fees and processing times
The application fee for the Schengen visa must be paid before you can finish your application. Once this visa is available online, iVisa.com will offer three different visa processing speeds depending on your needs:
- Standard Processing Time for the planner and budget traveler.
- Rush Processing Time for those who like to have everything done fast and affordable.
- Super Rush Processing Time for the last-minute traveler who needs their Schengen short-stay visa urgently.
Do Children Or Minors Need a Lithuania Visa?
Children and minors need their own Schengen visa to visit Lithuania. This visa typically comes with more affordable fees and some slightly different paperwork. Here are a few additional documents you might need for this trip, such as:
- Child’s birth certificate or government-issued valid passport.
- Signatures of parents or family court documents showing only one parent or guardian.
Getting a travel visa for children can be tricky, but iVisa.com can help make this process fast and easy.
COVID-19 regulations in Lithuania
As of May 2022, Lithuania no longer has any COVID-19 restrictions for visitors. There are no mandatory quarantine periods, no vaccine requirements, and no proof of negative testing required to enter Lithuania.
Keep in mind that other EU and Schengen countries might have requirements that you still need to follow. If you are transiting to a connecting flight to another EU country, make sure you are also informed of their COVID-19 requirements.
Who can I talk to if I have more questions?
Are you ready to start your journey to Lithuania? Whether you need help with your visa application or have questions about the visa requirements, iVisa.com can help.
You can reach out to our customer support team via online chat or email us at [email protected] at any time to get assistance with your Lithuania Schengen visa.
- Which COVID-19 vaccines are approved for travel for Lithuania (July 2023)
- Lithuania Digital COVID Certificate
- Vaccination passport Lithuania: How to get it
- Lithuania Vaccine Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Lithuania?
- How Citizens of the Netherlands Can Enter Lithuania During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Norway Can Enter Lithuania During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Denmark Can Enter Lithuania During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Sweden Can Enter Lithuania During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Spain Can Enter Lithuania During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of France Can Enter Lithuania During Coronavirus
- See All