With travel restrictions being lifted all over the world, you cannot miss a stop in this breathtaking Scandinavian country. The mesmerizing beauty of Norway's fjords and the incredible rocky coastline are the perfect playground for fun days in the outdoors. At night, enjoy Norway's gentle hospitality in the charming villages in the Norwegian countryside while enjoying the mysterious northern lights. For those who prefer the urban landscape, Norway also offers great attractions in all its major cities, like Oslo, Bergen, and Trondheim.
If your nationality is among the visa-exempt countries, you will need a valid passport and an approved ETIAS visa waiver to travel to Norway. In this article, we'll tell you everything you need to know about ETIAS Norway, how to get it online, and the current COVID-19 restrictions on entering this Schengen country.
What is the Norway ETIAS?
The Norway ETIAS is a newly enforced European visa waiver that allows entry to the Schengen area to those citizens that did not require a visa to enter the Schengen countries before 2022. However, from 2022 onwards, it's mandatory to apply for this travel document, even if you don't need a visa to enter the European Union.
ETIAS is an acronym that stands for European Travel Information and Authorization System, and it is part of a new project enforced by the European Commission to strengthen security along its borders. Even though Norway is not part of the European Union, it is part of the European Free Trade Association. Therefore, it is mandatory to apply for this document before entering the country.
The ETIAS visa waiver will help immigration authorities screen all passengers traveling within the Schengen countries to reduce the risks of criminal and terrorist activities, including violent attacks, illegal immigration, and human trafficking. It is electronically linked to your passport and will allow you to visit Norway and other European countries for short stays.
It is mandatory to apply for a Norway ETIAS before your arrival in order to avoid issues at the airport. You can complete your online application in less than 10 minutes. Keep in mind that it'll be useful not only to visit Norway but to other countries in the European Union and the Schengen area.
Bear in mind that the ETIAS is not a Schengen visa, and it does not replace a visa in any way. If your nationality requires a visa to enter Norway, you will need to apply for that document instead. You can check if you need a Schengen visa with our visa check tool.
Who is eligible for the Norway ETIAS?
The European visa waiver is available for all those citizens who didn't need to obtain a visa to visit the Schengen zone before 2022 and are planning to visit Norway or other Schengen countries on their trip to Europe.
If you're not sure if you're eligible and want to check if you can apply for the Norway ETIAS, then go to iVisa.com's website and take advantage of the Visa Checker Tool. It is available on the homepage, so once you're there, just click on the drag-down menu and choose your country of origin and the destination country (Norway, in this case). Wait a few seconds, and the tool will tell you exactly what you need to visit this Schengen country.
In case you need a paper Schengen visa, you must contact your local embassy to process it.
How long is the Norway ETIAS valid for?
Your approved ETIAS is valid for 3 years after receiving it or until your passport expires, whatever happens first. You can use it to travel within the Schengen zone for 90 days. If you wish to travel between any of the member countries with this document, you can also do it, as long as your entire trip does not exceed 90 days within a 180 days period, and your passport remains valid through the entirety of your trip.
What are the Norway ETIAS requirements?
To get your visa waiver for Norway, you'll need a valid passport. It needs to be valid for at least 6 months to apply for this document. Remember that your visa waiver is electronically linked to your passport. The validity of your document needs to cover the entirety of your trip.
You will also need a frequently used email address to receive your electronic document and a payment method, like a credit or debit card, to pay the fee.
Once you gather all these requirements, you'll be able to complete your ETIAS application and travel to Norway.
Do I need an ETIAS visa waiver if I'm transiting through Norway?
Absolutely. Regardless of how long your transit through Norway is, you will need an ETIAS before your trip. Remember that this visa policy was implemented to make the Schengen zone safer, so any traveler that doesn't complete their ETIAS application before their trip represents a potential risk for the European countries.
How do I apply for the ETIAS Norway online?
To obtain this travel document, you'll need to fill out the Norway ETIAS application form. The form will include questions about your personal and travel information. Once you finish filling out the application form, we'll ask you to double-check all the details you entered to make sure it's error-free. Finally, you'll need to attach the supporting documents, like a scan of your passport, and click 'apply.'
Our team of travel experts will carefully review your application to ensure it's complete and correct and avoid any setbacks in the process. If we find any inconsistencies, we will contact you to fix them at no extra charge. Then we will process your ETIAS. Before approving your application, immigration control officials will check your criminal record to make sure you can visit the Schengen zone.
Ensure you provide a valid and frequently used email address, as you will receive your ETIAS via email.
What are the costs and processing time of the ETIAS Norway?
The price of the Norway ETIAS can change depending on how fast you want to receive your document. However, because of the novelty of the document, we still cannot tell you exactly how much it will cost.
We usually try to offer several options, so you can choose the one that adapts to your budget.
- Standard Processing Time – This is the least expensive option, but receiving your document will take a bit.
- Rush Processing Time – You will get your document faster, paying a little extra.
- Super Rush Processing Time – This is our fastest and most convenient option for those in a hurry.
All our prices include the government visa fee. There are no extra charges or hidden fees.
Do minors need a visa waiver for Norway?
Yes. The ETIAS visa waiver system is meant to mitigate the risks of criminal or terrorist activity within the Schengen area, so requiring passengers under 18 to process a visa waiver for Norway fulfills this purpose. This travel document will be linked to the parent or legal guardian accompanying the minor. It will help immigration authorities run the proper background checks to reduce the risks of illegal immigration and human trafficking.
It's the responsibility of the parent or guardian to apply online for the minor's ETIAS.
Since it reopened, entering Norway has been easier due to the relaxed COVID-19 requirements. Although recommended, it's not necessary to get a COVID-19 vaccine or a PCR test before your trip. If you have a vaccination certificate or passport, we still recommend bringing it along, as there might be local restrictions on entering some public and private spaces.
There's no need to quarantine upon arrival unless presenting symptoms. Travelers don't need to have health insurance, although it is recommended.
The Norway Entry Registration is no longer a necessary requirement to enter Norway.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests, perfect for US citizens on round-trip journeys. Order your test kit before traveling! The Norwegian immigration service allows this.
The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- only $25 per test. Then follow the Certified Guide's online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your flight to the US.
Applying with iVisa.com
We know that processing travel documents can be a pain; we've been doing that for years! But the good news is that after doing it for so long, we are experts in navigating the intricacies of bureaucratic processes, and we are fully capable of getting you your ETIAS in no time.
Additionally, we have established strict security measures to protect your personal information, and we are constantly improving all our processes. We want you to get your document safely and quickly when you apply with us. You can never go wrong if you apply for your travel documents with iVisa.com.
Where can I learn more?
For further information about the ETIAS, reach out to our outstanding customer support team, or email us at [email protected]. We are available all day, every day to assist you with any questions you might have about this travel authorization.
- Norway digital COVID certificate
- Vaccination Passport Norway
- Norway Vaccination Requirements | Do I need a vaccine to travel to Norway?
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Norway During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Norway During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the Netherlands Can Enter Norway During Coronavirus
- How Citizens Of Denmark Can Enter Norway During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Sweden Can Enter Norway During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Norway During Coronavirus
- Norway Covid Test Requirement: What should I consider
- Norway Covid Travel Quarantine: What to know
- Norway Covid Hotel: Where to Stay
- Can You Fly to Norway Covid: Useful Information
- Who Can Enter Norway Covid: A basic explanation
- Norway Covid Rules: Easy guidelines
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Costa Rica
- Norway Visa Policy
- Norway (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of CHINA
- Norway (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of RUSSIA
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea: Get some answers
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Vanuatu: Get the ETIAS for 2022
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Uruguay: Find out what you need
- How to get the Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Guatemala
- How to get the Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Brazil
- Learn more about the Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Australia
- Can the Citizens of Canada apply for the Norway ETIAS?
- How much does the Norway ETIAS cost?
- What are the Norway ETIAS Requirements?
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Timor: How to get yours
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore: What you’ll need
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Serbia
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Samoa
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Lucia
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Peru
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of United Arab Emirates
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu: Get your Norway ETIAS
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga: See what you’ll need
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan: Getting ready for 2022
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands: Get the info
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Guatemala
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Grenada
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Georgia
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of El Salvador
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Dominica
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Chile
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Brunei
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Barbados
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of the Bahamas
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Argentina
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Albania
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Panama
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Palau
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Macedonia
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Montenegro
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Moldova
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Micronesia
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Mauritius
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Marshall Islands
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Malaysia
- Norway ETIAS for citizens of Macao
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Kiribati: Learn More About It
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Japan: All About It
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Israel: How Can I Apply for It
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Hong Kong: How to Get It
- Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Honduras: Check Requirements
- Norway (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Nigeria
- Norway (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Dominican Republic
- Norway (Schengen) visa for citizens of Haiti
- Norwegian Schengen visa for citizens of Pakistan
- Norwegian (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India
- Norwegian (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan
- Norway Schengen Visa Processing Time
- Norway Schengen Visa Requirements
- Will Schengen Visa Work for Norway
- Norway Schengen visa fee
- How can I get the Norway ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine?
- Information about the Norway ETIAS for Citizens of United States of America
- Does the Norway ETIAS have Multiple Entry?
- What is the validity of the Norway ETIAS?