Learn More: Tourist ETA
SRI LANKA IS OPEN: Sri Lanka fully re-opened for tourism in October 2021.
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system allows travelers to visit Sri Lanka through a completely electronic application process. Travelers receive an ETA, an official authorization for short-term visits to Sri Lanka.
WHO CAN GET THE SRI LANKA ETA
Travelers from almost any country in the world can now apply online without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
OBTAIN THE SRI LANKA ETA
Complete our application form with personal and travel details. To enter the country, unvaccinated travelers aged 12 and over need to display a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure or a negative antigen test result taken within 48 hours before their departing flight.
DISPLAY THE SRI LANKA ETA
Applicants will receive their visas via email after completing the application form with the necessary information and once the online payment is completed. Keep a digital and hard copy to show airport officials on arrival along with your negative PCR test result.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center. Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Sri Lanka, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US. Simplify testing by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online. Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days prior to your flight back to the US. Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
iVisa.com is a legitimate company and is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information see FAQs below.
US RESIDENTS ONLY: To return to the US you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test the day before your entry date. Don’t waste time looking for a test lab in Sri Lanka. Simplify travel with the purchase of an eMed test kit. Order yours now and pack it in your luggage. Then follow the Certified Guide’s online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your journey back to the US.
All visitors must have COVID 19 travel/medical insurance up to 50,000 USD with one month cover
Unvaccinated travelers must have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure or a negative antigen test taken within 48 hours of departure to Sri Lanka.
The ETA is limited to 30 days in Total of stay in Sri Lanka from the date of arrival, and allows for two (2) entries.
Important: The validity of the Visa for the two entries is 30 days and starts on the first arrival date. This means the departure date for the second entry must be within 30 days of the first arrival date.
The information entered will be sent electronically to DI&E (Department of Immigration & Emigration) and we will send your Sri Lanka ETA online via email.
Travelers who want to visit Sri Lanka must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entry.
We suggest passengers verify the information, print it out, and bring a physical copy on their trip. The check-in staff at the airports can also verify the registration on their system. However, we highly recommend that clients keep a copy available on a personal electronic device in addition to carrying a printed copy.
You cannot obtain a new ETA while you are in Sri Lanka, regardless of whether your current ETA is valid or expired.
Nationals of yellow fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in Sri Lanka. See yellow fever risk countries here.
NOTE: Citizens of the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of Maldives and the Republic of Seychelles are exempt from obtaining this visa (meaning they can travel there without applying for a visa)
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Sri Lanka?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Sri Lanka. Now, if you are a Covid vaccine certificate holder, you are exempted from testing and quarantine requirements.
Any vaccination type accepted by the country of origin will be accepted. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Sri Lanka travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need to get a COVID-19 test in order to visit Sri Lanka?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR test within 72 hours or antigen test within 48 for unvaccinated travelers.
- COVID test on arrival exemptions: Fully vaccinated travelers and children under 12.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Is it required to quarantine on arrival to Sri Lanka?
- Quarantine requirements: There are no quarantine requirements.
What is the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?
What is the cost to obtain a Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?
A Sri Lanka Tourist ETA depends on your nationality. Additionally, there is a service fee of:
Standard Processing: USD 24.00
Rush Processing: USD 57.00
Super Rush Processing: USD 66.75
How long does it take to process a Sri Lanka ETA?
It depends on the method of processing you choose. We offer three options:
Standard Processing Time: 5 days
Rush Processing: 3 days
Super Rush Processing: 24 hours
How long is my Sri Lanka Tourist ETA valid for?
Can I extend my stay beyond the 30-day limit?
If I already possess a valid Tourist ETA, can I apply for a new ETA?
Yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Sri Lanka
Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
Before applying for the Tourist ETA , do I need to book a flight?
Can I work in Sri Lanka on this ETA Visa?
How long can I stay in Sri Lanka with the Tourist ETA?
How long should the validity of my passport be before applying for the Tourist ETA?
Can I apply for a tourist ETA if I already have a business ETA?
What are the advantages of applying for a Tourist ETA?
Do I need to get separate Tourist ETAs for my children?
How many entries does the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA allow?
Do I need to carry a printed copy of the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?
Do I need to visit the Sri Lanka consulate to get my Tourist ETA?
Which nationalities are eligible for a Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?
- Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany (German), Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia (Russian), Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland (Swiss), Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (UK Citizens)(British), United States (US Citizens), Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Kosovo, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
What do I need to apply for a Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?
We require the following to submit your application:
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Learn more about Sri Lanka Tourism
Where can I read more?
- SRI LANKA e-VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH AFRICA
- Sri Lanka visa processing time
- Sri Lanka Visa Extension for Foreigners
- SRI LANKA EVISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Sri Lanka visa on arrival for Indian passport holders
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka Vaccination Requirement: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Sri Lanka?
- Sri Lanka Visa for Indians - Ultimate Tourist Visa Guide
- SRI LANKA TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of India Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Russia Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- Sri Lanka COVID entry requirements
- Sri Lanka COVID rules for tourists
- Sri Lanka COVID entry restrictions
- SRI LANKA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- How can I get the Sri Lanka 14 day quarantine requirement?
- Sri Lanka Tourist ETA error
- Sri Lanka Visa for Chinese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR MALIAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Georgia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Turkey
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Lebanon
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Denmark
- Is there a Sri Lanka transit visa on arrival?
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Finland
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Spain
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR IVORIANS
- Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
- Sri Lanka Tourist and Business visa fees for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SYRIANS
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Pakistani citizens
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka transit visa online
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF PAKISTAN
- SRI LANKA VISAS FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA ONLINE VISA FEE
- How to do a Sri Lanka visa check
- CAN I GET A SRI LANKA VISA IN DUBAI?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR FRENCH CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa for Malaysian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR BISSAU GUINEAN
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Qatar
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF JAPAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada
- Sri Lanka Tourist visa fees
- CAN THE CITIZENS OF MALAYSIA GET A TRANSIT VISA FOR SRI LANKA ONLINE?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR UGANDA CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SUDANESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR KENYANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GUINEAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GABONESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR EGYPTIAN
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Germany
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET A SRI LANKA VISA?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ISRAEL
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF POLAND
- Sri Lanka Visa for Yemeni citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Greece
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF HONG KONG
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ROMANIA
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOROCCO
- Sri Lanka Business Visa for the citizens of UK
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Ireland
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Kuwait
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of UAE
- Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR NEPALESE CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ITALY
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa as a US citizen
- Sri Lanka visa photo size
- Can I get a multiple entry visa for Sri Lanka?
- Where can I get a Sri Lanka visit visa?
- Sri Lanka visa charges and price
- Sri Lanka visa - apply online for an ETA!
- Is an ETA available only on the Sri Lanka visa official website?
- Information about the Sri Lanka visa process
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka holiday visa
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka Business Visa online
- How to find the best Sri Lanka visa services or agents
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist visa online
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka entry visa online-
- Everything you need to know about the Sri Lanka application form
- Can I get a Sri Lanka visa for business purposes?
- Can I get a Sri Lanka tourist visa online?
- Everything about the future Sri Lanka transit visa application