Learn More: eVisa
In February 2017, Vietnam launched the eVisa program to simplify the process of entering the country. Previously, travelers needed to get a Vietnam approval letter and receive a visa on arrival. Now citizens of 46 countries can apply online and get their eVisa electronically. The process is 100% online – no more embassy visits.
In addition to the eVisa, all travelers are required to present a Medical Declaration on arrival. You can choose to add this document when you apply for your eVisa with iVisa.com. You'll need to present both documents to officials on arrival to Vietnam.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport (valid for at least 30 days after the expiry of the Vietnamese eVisa)
Digital passport scan (bio page)
Digital ID/passport image
The e-Visa is a Single Entry visa.
The e-Visa is valid for 30 days in Total from the proposed date of entry indicated during the application.
e-Visa holders may remain in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam for a maximum of 30 days in Total
Once the first 30 days in Total have passed and a renewal is needed, e-Visa holders in Vietnam may be considered for a new visa if they are invited/sponsored by an authority, organization or individual in Vietnam, in accordance with the law on foreigners' entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam.
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least one month after arrival in Vietnam, and it must have at least two blank pages for a stamp/sticker from the immigration/border control officer.
Minors with their own passport must complete a full e-Visa application. Minors aged 14 and under included on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents e-Visa application.
Applicants are required to carry a copy of their e-Visa at all times during their stay.
Upon arrival, you must also present a Medical Declaration in order to enter Vietnam. If you choose to get the Medical Declaration along with your eVisa, we'll email your document to your inbox.
Travelers must have medical or travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Vietnam?
No, you don't. As of today, COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Vietnam.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Seychelles travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need to take a COVID test to enter Vietnam?
- COVID test prior to arrival: Travelers no longer need to take a COVID test before traveling to Vietnam.
- COVID test after arrival: Test in the first 24 hours of arrival for those entering by road, rail, or sea without a covid test.
Are there any quarantine requirements for travelers to Vietnam?
- Quarantine requirements: There are no quarantine requirements.
What is a Vietnam eVisa?
The Vietnam eVisa (electronic visa) is a type of visa issued to foreigners by the Vietnamese Immigration Department via an electronic system, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam. The Vietnam eVisa allows for a max stay of 30 days in Total and is Single Entry.
In addition to the Vietnam eVisa, you have the option to add on the Vietnam Medical Declaration, a required document for all travelers to Vietnam. It will be used to monitor the health status of the country.
Why do I need a Medical Declaration?
What do I need to apply for the Vietnam eVisa?
We require the following to submit your application:
- Credit/debit card
- Digital passport scan (bio page)
- Digital ID/passport image
What is the cost to obtain a Vietnam eVisa?
- Standard Processing: USD 25.00
- Rush Processing: USD 45.00
- Super Rush Processing: USD 90.00
How long does it take to obtain an eVisa?
It depends on the method of processing time you choose. We offer three options:
- Standard Processing Time: 5 Business Days
- Rush Processing: 4 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: 3 Business Days
If you choose to add a Medical Declaration along with your eVisa, you will receive it at the same time as your eVisa.
How long is the Vietnam eVisa valid for?
What conditions must the applicant’s passport meet for Vietnam eVisa?
What do I need to present upon entry to Vietnam?
Yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Vietnam
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
How long can I stay in Vietnam with an eVisa?
Can Chinese e-passport holders apply for the Vietnam eVisa?
Can I extend my stay in Vietnam beyond what the eVisa permits?
Which nationalities are eligible to apply for a Vietnam eVisa?
The following nationalities are eligible:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Korea*
- Timor Leste
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom*
- United States
Citizens from countries with an * do not require a visa if they will stay in Vietnam for less than:
- *15 days
- **14 days
- ***21 days
For the Medical Declaration, all the nationalities must obtain this document to be able to enter Vietnam, even the same Vietnamese citizens who have visited other countries and are returning to Vietnam.
Do I need to enter Vietnam on the exact date specified in my eVisa application?
I am a member of a flight crew. Do I still need a visa?
As long as the trip into Vietnam is related to flight duties, no visa will be required. However, if the entire trip is for personal reasons, a visa will be required.
We also encourage you to contact the appropriate department with your airline for more information.
How many entries does the Vietnam visa obtain?
Which ports of entry permit the use of an eVisa?
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai Int Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- La Lay Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Mong Cai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Na Meo Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Tay Trang Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
At any entry point you use, you must display your eVisa and Medical Declaration. Remember that both documents are required to enter the country.
Can anyone apply for the eVisa and Medical Declaration online?
Learn more about Vietnam Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Vietnam Covid Entry Restrictions
- Vietnam Vaccination Passport: What Does It Mean?
- Vietnam vaccination requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Vietnam?
- VIETNAM VISA FOR AUSTRALIANS
- VIETNAM VISA FOR CHINESE PASSPORT HOLDERS
- Vietnam eVisa for Citizens of South Africa
- VIETNAM E-VISA FOR INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS
- Vietnamvisa.govt.vn Review
- Vietnam Visa for Canadian Passport Holders
- VIETNAM VISA FOR CITIZENS OF THE UK
- HOW TO ENTER VIETNAM DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Vietnam Visa for US Citizens (Americans)
- VIETNAM 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- Vietnam Visa Process: How to apply for a Vietnam eVisa safely
- Vietnam Visa Maximum Stay: How long can I stay in Vietnam?
- What is an eVisa for Vietnam? A Full Guide about this eVisa
- How Long Is a Vietnam Tourist Visa Valid For? The answer here
- Vietnam Visa Processing Time: How long is the wait?
- Vietnam Visa Free Countries
- Documents Required for Vietnam Visa
- Cost for Vietnam Visa
- How to Get a Visa to Vietnam
- Application for Vietnam Visa: Check it out
- Vietnam eVisa for Citizens of Mexico
- Vietnam visa for Polish
- Vietnam visa for Dutch citizens
- Vietnam visa for Japanese
- Vietnam Visa Policy
- Vietnam visa for Russians
- Vietnam visa for Swedish
- Vietnam visa for Spaniards
- Vietnam visa for Italians
- Vietnam visa for Greeks
- Vietnam visa for Irish
- Vietnam visa for German
- CAN I GET A VIETNAM VISA EXTENSION?
- Vietnam Visa Corp Review
- Underwater Secrets Vietnam
- VIETNAM E-VISA COST
- Vietnam Visa for New Zealand Passport Holders
- VIETNAM eVISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- VIETNAM-VISA.ORG REVIEW
- Vietnam Visa Announcement for US citizens
- Vietnam visa for Norwegian
- Vietnam Visa Pro Review
- VIETNAM VISA FOR FRENCH PASSPORT HOLDERS
- VIETNAM VISA APPROVAL LETTER
- Vietnam Visa for Cruise Passengers