As a USA citizen, you do not have to apply for an Australia eVisitor visa whenever you want to travel there. Instead, all you need is to get an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization). However, the online application process is very similar to the one for an eVisitor visa, and iVisa can help you with it every step of the way. All you have to do is follow a few easy steps.
Step one: make sure that you meet the requirements
The first thing you have to do before you apply for an Australia ETA is to make sure that you have at hand whatever is necessary for a successful application process. Fortunately, you do not have to struggle with anything because the list is quite short. Plus, chances are you already have everything that is required. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Australia ETA if you are not a passport holder. At the same time, check the document’s expiration date because it has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- E-mail address – you will receive the confirmation of your Australia eVisitor visa via e-mail, which is why you need to provide iVisa with a valid and correctly spelled address.
- Means of payment – since this is an online application process, the payment must be made online as well. iVisa accepts multiple methods. You can use a credit/debit card, but if you have PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat, you can use one of them as well.
Step two: fill in the application form
Whenever you consider yourself ready, you are free to access the application page and fill in the application form. That should prove to be a simple task, and you should complete it in about 20 minutes. However, if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support service. It can be reached 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
You will see that the form happens in three stages. The first one asks that you provide your basic information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc. Passport information and travel details are necessary as well. During the same stage, you must select a processing time for your application as well. Just remember that your choice determines the cost of your Australia ETA. iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time – this is the cheapest and slowest option you have at hand. It takes 24 hours for your application to be processed, and the fee is only $20.
- Rush processing time – this option is a bit faster than the previous one. You receive your Australia ETA within 2 hours since application, and the cost is $50.
- Super Rush processing time – this is the fastest option you are given. It takes only 30 minutes for your request to be processed, but you are charged $70.
The second stage wants you to make the payment and review your form so that it does not contain erred information. Otherwise, your ETA will be invalid. The third and last stage wants you to upload the supporting documents of your application. After all three stages are complete, submit your request, and you are done.
The bottom line is that while USA citizens do not need to get an Australia eVisitor visa, they must apply for an ETA. The document is valid for 1 year since the date of issue, it provides multiple entries. However, you cannot stay in Australia for more than 90 days per entry.