Learn More: Business ETA
Content updated, December 2022
Get the Sri Lanka Business ETA in the comfort of your home!
Sri Lanka’s economy counts on large exportation of textiles, garments, and tea. Since the country’s independence, Sri Lanka’s government has been implementing national strategies to achieve sustainable economic growth, with programs that intend to develop the economy and human resources. Hence, many business travelers to the country need a Sri Lanka Business ETA to enter Sri Lanka.
You can apply for the Sri Lanka Business Visa online with iVisa in just a few clicks. In this article, we will tell you more about the visa requirements, costs, how to apply, and everything else you need to know about visiting Sri Lanka on a business trip.
What is the Sri Lanka Business ETA?
This Sri Lanka business visa is an official visa issued electronically by the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka. The applicants receive the Sri Lanka visa via email after filling out the application form with the necessary information.
Since January 2012, citizens from all over the globe have been eligible to apply for the Sri Lanka business ETA. With this option, there’s no need to go to an embassy and apply in person. The traveler simply has to submit all the required information and documentation and pay the fee online. You can get the business visa by submitting the online ETA application form on iVisa.
Who can apply for the Sri Lanka Business Electronic Travel Authorization?
There are just 21 nationalities that aren’t eligible for a business ETA. All other business travelers can apply for this ETA. This business visa is indicated for people entering Sri Lanka for negotiations, conferences, business meetings, short-term training programs, and business trips.
How long is this business ETA visa valid for?
The business ETA is valid for a Double Entry to Sri Lanka. You can use the valid ETA to stay up to 30 days in Total in the country, with a total validity of 90 days after issued.
Keep in mind that you can only use this visa for business purposes. If you need a visa for other purposes, check out the Visa Checker at the top of this page to find out which visa you may need for your purpose of travel and nationality.
Do I need the business visa if I’m just transiting through Sri Lanka?
You do not require a business visa if you’re transiting through Sri Lanka. It is important to note that if you plan on leaving the airport transit area, you will need to apply for a visa.
How can I apply for the Sri Lanka business visa online?
The Sri Lanka ETA can be completed online in three easy steps:
- Step1: Provide basic information, such as your name, passport information, address, phone number, email address, and so on. At this point, you are also required to select the processing time of your Sri Lanka ETA application form.
- Step 2: The second step is a revision of personal details, and making the payment. You can use a credit or debit card to pay for the visa and service fees.
- Step 3: Finally, upload any documents if required. Once you have done that, you can hit the submit button and wait for your business ETA to arrive via email in the time frame you selected.
How much does the Sri Lanka ETA visa cost?
iVisa offers you three options to choose from to process your Sri Lanka visa online application, depending on your time and budget:
- Standard Processing: This option takes 3 days and costs USD $143.29. It is a perfect choice for travelers who have at least a few weeks until their departure.
- Rush Processing: You will receive your Sri Lanka visa faster than the standard option, in just 24 hours for USD $217.29.
- Super Rush Processing: If you need the document urgently before travel, you can use this express option, which will take only 12 hours for a total cost of USD $320.29.
I’m traveling with children, do they need a Sri Lanka visa?
Yes, every visitor traveling to Sri Lanka must obtain a visa, including children. If you decide to travel with children, you have to fill in an application form for them, in this case, it won’t be a business visa, but probably a tourist visa.
Make sure you have a valid birth certificate and/or adoption certificate with you, so you can avoid last-minute inconvenience.
COVID-19: Sri Lanka entry requirements
Sri Lanka fully re-opened for tourism in October 2021. Sri Lanka is slowly easing entry requirements, as the pandemic is coming to an end.
Testing requirements in Sri Lanka
There is no COVID-19 testing requirement to travel to Sri Lanka.
COVID-19 vaccination certificates are not required for entry into Sri Lanka at this time.
Quarantine requirements in Sri Lanka
There are no quarantine requirements on arrival in Sri Lanka.
What else to know before you visit Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka's chaotic public transport system and cultural sensitivities make navigating the island tricky. Here are some of the things to prepare before traveling to Sri Lanka.
Get health insurance
Besides a valid passport and a Sri Lankan visa, having travel insurance is not mandatory. However, Sri Lanka Tourism recommends that visitors travel with their own Health Insurance that also covers Covid.
Be aware of local customs
Sri Lanka is a mostly Buddhist country, so be respectful of the religious traditions. Remember to take off your shoes and hats before getting into temples, and be aware that taking photos of and in front of religious statues are prohibited.
Familiarize yourself with the Sri Lankan currency
The official currency of the country is the Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR). Currency exchange offices are easily found upon arrival at the airport, and the banks in cities also change EURO, USD, and GBP, but be prepared to wait in long lines.
Who can I speak to if I have more questions?
If you have any questions about traveling to Sri Lanka and applying for visas or other travel documents the iVisa team is available for assistance 24/7. You can contact our customer support team online or via email at [email protected].
Required Documents to Apply
The Sri Lanka Business eVisa is a multiple-entry visa created for short business trips to Sri Lanka.
Your Business Visa will allow you to enter Sri Lanka for 30 days in Total, with Double Entry.
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your intended arrival date.
Applicants who are visiting Sri Lanka for business meetings/negotiations, conferences, workshops/seminars, or short-term training programs are eligible to apply for a business visa.
The information submitted will be sent electronically to DI&E (Department of Immigration & Emigration) and iVisa will send you your Sri Lanka ETA online via email.
You cannot get a new ETA while you are in Sri Lanka, regardless of whether your current ETA is valid or expired.
Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in Sri Lanka. See Yellow Fever countries here.
We suggest passengers verify the information, print it out, and bring a physical copy on their trip.
My application couldn't be completed due to an error. What should I do?
My application has been canceled. What can I do?
The iVisa team is ready to help you in any situation. In this case, your application has undergone a delicate revision process, and our experts have checked every document attached. Still, the government may find a reason to cancel your application. If you end up in this situation, you will receive a full refund of the iVisa processing fee for all your rejected applications. Government fees are not included in this refund.
You can still reapply for the Sri Lanka Business ETA with the help of iVisa.
My passport has been lost or stolen. Should I apply for a new Sri Lanka Business ETA?
What happens if my Sri Lanka Business ETA is denied?
How many times can I apply for an ETA?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- Where can I get a Sri Lanka visit visa?
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa processing time
- Sri Lanka Transit Visa for Malaysian Citizens | iVisa
- Sri Lanka Transit Visa Requirements | iVisa
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Pakistani citizens
- Sri Lanka Transit Visa for Indian citizens | iVisa
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GABONESE
- Sri Lanka visa for Egyptian
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR BISSAU GUINEAN
- See All
- iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This app does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://www.immigration.gov.lk/